This article, The Cat, is under active construction! LAIKA Films Wiki apologizes for the inconvenience.
|Affiliation:||Pink Palace, Other World|
|Voiced by:||Keith David|
The Cat is one of the major supporting characters of CORALINE and is voiced by Keith David in the film. He appears and disappears at will and has the ability to speak in the Other World for an unexplained reason.
The the beginning of the film and book, the Cat has been shown and described to be unfriendly and distrustful. He was a bit harsh and direct when he speaks about something. However, later on, he becomes a helpful friend and is not as hostile as he had acted to be, in the first place.
Physical Appearance Edit
There is nothing specific described about the Cat in the book other than the color of its fur; but in the film, however, the Cat's appearance is more distinctive. Its left ear is torn, for an unknown reason, and has a quite thin body structure. Other than that, its blue eyes contrast to the color of its fur.
- (To Coraline) "No, I'm not the other of anything. I'm me."
- "I don't like rats at the best of times, but this one was sounding an alarm."
- "She wants something to love, I think. Something that isn't her. Or, maybe she'd just love something to eat."
- "I don't know. How do you taste?"
- "You probably think this world is a dream come true. But you're wrong. The other Wybie told me so."
- "You realize you're walking right into her trap."